Liver’s a vital part of a great raw diet for your dog … and chances are, you’re not feeding enough of it. It’s a true superfood for dogs! Liver’s a great source of protein that’s lower in fat than muscle meat. But it’s far more than that. Liver’s so rich in nutrients that people call liver nature’s multivitamin. Here are just a few of the nutrients liver offers your dog.
- Vitamin A – a powerful antioxidant. It supports digestion and reproductive organs.
- Vitamin D – a vitally important nutrient for immune function. It helps protect against cancers, autoimmune and infectious diseases. It supports muscle and bone strength too.
- Folic acid, B vitamins – support mental and nerve health. They help avoid fatigue and prevent anemia.
- Iron – forms hemoglobin, brain function, regulates body temperature. Iron transports oxygen to the blood cells. This increases your dog’s endurance and strength. Lack of iron depletes antibodies and T-cells in the immune system.
- Other minerals (like copper and zinc) – support bone and joint health, skin, coat, immunity.